November Change – 4.5″ x 4.5″ Mosaic

November Change – 2012
4.5″ x 4.5″ Mosaic on Rives BFK Paper

Inspired by the changing of the leaves. I decided to make a flower with autumn colors. As for the background I used one chocolate Tootsie Pop wrapper instead of a mix of colors. Being a small mosaic, some of the material does need to be recognized to show what the art is made from. This opens up other possibilities with future work. Labels used are tagged in the image with thinglink. Notable wrappers include orange Starburst wrappers, Alaskan Summer Ale, Shiner Hefeweizen and Pomegranate Tootsie Pop. Spread the word about my art and Pin it to your boards. If you enjoy Instagram, please follow me @recycledmosaics

Back to gallery

Cosmos2 – 4.5 x 4.5 Mosaic

Cosmos2 – Mosaic made with recycled candy and drink labels

Cosmos2 – 4.5″ x 4.5″ Mosaic on BFK Rives paper

This is number three of five mosaics made in prepwork for an upcoming exhibit I’m participating in this September. By this time, I was getting the hang of the small area to work with as the exhibits requirements were on a 5 x 5 piece of BFK Rives paper. It’s not the ordinary surface I use, however I am glad I did give it a spin and it came out just fine. Labels used are several red and dark pink Starburst wrappers, some Shiner Bock yellow beer labels and Cherry Tootsie Pop wrappers. Giclee prints are available for purchase in the store. Be sure to Pin it to your boards and share with others.

Back to gallery

Shelter – 24 x 36 Mosaic

Shelter – #mosaic made with #recycled candy and drink labels

About the Mosaic

24″ x 36″ x 2″ gallery-wrap on masonite, this mosaic was made for an exhibit in July 2011, here in Fort Worth. The two horses I found on Flickr and with permission, I transformed the image using nothing but warm colored candy wrappers. I’ll be the first to say it’s not my favorite, but it’s something I needed to work through to learn a few techniques on color selection, the cut and patterns I used during the process. As as good friend of mine was photographing the finished piece, it was a challenge to get the exposure right because of the brightness of the colors. Most of the labels used were Tootsie Pop Wrappers. Quick note to make, I ended up ironing the wrappers to take out some of the wax.

If you are using Pinterest, pleasepin it and share with others.

Click to enlarge image

Back to gallery